Kingston Real Estate – When moving, remember to contact….
There is so much to do when you buy a home including contacting the various providers and services that you may need at your new residence. Here is a reminder list of companies & services that you may need to connect with before you close on your new home.
Utilities & Service
- Landlord – give notice in writing if currently renting.
- Electricity provider (eg. Hydro One)
- Heating Fuel provider (eg. Union Gas, Ultramar (oil))
- Water & Sewer (eg. Utilities Kingston)
- Telephone (eg. Cogeco, Bell)
- Cable TV (eg. Cogeco)
- Internet (eq. Kingston Online Service, Cogeco)
- Doctor (forward records if moving out of town)
- Dentist (forward records if moving out of town)
Government & Public Services
- Post Office (purchase change of address)
- Pension Plans
- Employment Insurance
- Provincial Health Card (visit www.serviceontario.ca)
- Provincial Driver’s License & vehicle registration (visit www.serviceontario.ca)
- Schools (including enrolling children in school if necessary)
- Any subscriptions that are mailed to you
- Credit Card & Banking Institution for address update